Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bagels

If you ever have left over food, just leave it on the facutly room table, and it's sure to be gone in a matter of moment.

I know this. Yesterday, I bought two bagels. One for breakfast on Monday. One for Tuesday. I put Tuesday's bagel on a side table. Out of the way. I've been doing this two-bagel process for about 3 weeks.

Today (Tuesday), I arrive at work to find my bagel is gone. My breakfast is gone. It wasn't in the public domain free-for-all area as described above. And yet, it was gone.

Very annoying. So I had to head back out into the cold morning to get food. I've had two dreams recently about Sausage McMuffins with Egg, including one where they renamed it an "Austrailian Toaster Biscuit with Egg". So I naturally just had to go to McDonalds for my semi-annual gut-busting breakfast.

And once I was back at work, I put up a snarky note near where the bagel was last seen:
"I bought 2 bagels on Monday. One to eat Monday. One to eat Tuesday. I left Tuesday's bagel here. Tuesday morning it was GONE. The pregnant lady's breakfast was GONE! Shame, shame, shame. -- Jill"

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Australian Toaster Biscuits? Yummy! Reminds me of when we made jam in Tillamook and ate it on toaster biscuits all weekend. Mmmmm..... Maybe your note will produced a dozen bagels (or toaster biscuits) from that 8th commandment breaker. :)

javajill said...

That WAS a good weekend!

nro said...

next time maybe you should put your name on it? although then someone would just claim that they "didn't see the name" or "oh, sometimes people call me jill".

Anne said...

Luckily nobody stole my mountain dew. Otherwise the next headline of the "Profile" would read:
RELIGION TEACHER ON REVENGE RAMPAGE!