Monday, January 7, 2008

Why not everyday?

Today, January 7th, is my first day back to school after the Christmas Holiday. Things are going alright, if you disregard the vomit splatter on my black pants. (Sigh).

But the point of this entry - I've spent most of the day (while students have been working on assignments) cleaning the many piles of papers found in my classroom. The computer desk had 2 piles. The main overhead desk had at least 4. The secondary overhead / cart had 2.

And everything is now in it's place. It's all so nice now. Why can't I live like this everyday?

4 comments:

Anne said...

Yikes-- vomit splatter still?
Is it the early mornings of the workday?
Both Sara and Amy turned to prescribed nausea drugs... any thoughts there?
Glad the papers got sorted.
-Anne

Anonymous said...

I have learned you can sort things really fast if you have an empty box that you can put things in with the intention of taking care of it "later."

- Joanne O. said...

:) Before you know it, you will have baby vomit. . . and spit up. . . and drool. . . and snot. . . and food. . . blah, blah, blah on you. I think the morning sickness is supposed to prepare us for having messy clothes or something, because it only gets worse. Hope you get to feeling better. One thing that helped me with morning sickness was chocolate milk. I don't know why, but it did.

- Joanne O. said...

Oh, one more comment. The doctor also put me on phenegren (I probably spelled it incorrectly). I couldn't sleep at night. She put me on it because one of the main side effects is to make you sleepy, but the main purpose of it is for nausea. . . so, it kills two birds with one stone. Also, it doesn't affect the baby.