Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I hate Verizon, part 3

Below is the email I sent to Verizon today. I'm still waiting for a reply. (And I'd like to thank my mother for my personal advocacy skills in the face of consumer injustice!)

"On my Oct 25th statement, I was billed $199 (plus taxes) for an on-site installation fee. We never had anything installed at our house. (That part is a long story that will make me cry with anger, so I won’t go into it now.)

I called customer service (and I hesitate to call it that, as I had such a bad experience), and was told that there would be a credit to my account of $199 (plus taxes), but that it wouldn’t show up until my next statement. I was given 2 weeks of free service for the ‘inconvenience’ of having to loan Verizon over $200 for the month, since they couldn’t immediately credit my credit card.

Well, in looking at my Nov. 25th statement, I have not been credited the money that was improperly charged to me on the Oct. 25th statement.

I am very angry.

At this point, I want you to either immediately credit my credit card for the correct amount or mail me a check. I AM going to report this to the Better Business Bureau. There is nothing acceptable about being charged over $200 dollars for a service I did not receive, and then having to wait over a month – and at this point, going on two months – to receive the credit.

Please reply back by the end of the business day on Wednesday."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jill. That's my daughter!

nro said...

i now proclaim you an honorary chronic complainer!

marla said...

I knew mom would be proud... just wait, a picket sign outside Verizon is in your future!!