Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Toe Jam

Kate met two more of her cousins this week. Syndey and Zach have been just great with her. Each wanting to have time to play with her and hold her.

It was while Syd was holding Kate, and I was sitting next to them, that I got my first real view of Kate's toes when they weren't clenched.
And it was clear that I've been a neglectful mother, having never cleaned this part of her body. There were many nasty crusty pieces lodged in the crooks of her toes. Imagine a lot of dried up boogers. Just being clenched by her long toes.

No worries, though. It cleaned up easily, and I now will always remember to check the grips of Kate's toes. See, they are clean now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, don't feel too bad about the toe findings. I even taught a baby care class at the hospital where you were born and at the Y. Of course this was before I had a baby of my own. I was so diligent making sure all the little folds & creases in your neck were cleaned and patted dry. One day I rocking you and looked behind you ears. Oh my goodness!!!Unspeakable filth. I felt SO bad! You were cleaned up with in minutes. Never happened again! :)

marla said...

I'm pretty sure that Kate's toes are longer than mine.

Anonymous said...

Are the big red things puffy sleeves, boxing gloves, or mittens?