Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Toes to Nose

Last night.
4am.

Owwwie, owwwie, owwwie, owwwie, owwwie, owwwie.

Yep. My first leg cramp of pregnancy. I remembered from some distant part of my brain that when you get a muscle cramp (though this advice may have been for a foot cramp), you should flex your toes toward your nose.

I figure some one came up with that little rhyme, because when you are jerked out of sleep, real thought is far, far away.

So, I pointed my toes toward my nose. It helped (mostly). But I still have residual pain in my upper calf (almost at my knee).

Just one more of the joys of being a human incubator!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sorry, I know those hurt! I could offer the basic advise to eat more bananas, or the realistic advise to wait 52 more days. :)

Anonymous said...

You have your mother to thank for the "Point your toes to your nose" advice.