Wednesday, April 30, 2008

To Fulfill a Dream

One of the things on my "Life's To Do List" is to sing the National Anthem at a Mariner's game. I realize that this dream is a bit unrealistic, because the M's often have opera singers (great voices, but c'mon . . . it's not very 'baseball') or different professional groups. And while I may be good, I'm just not quite that good.

So today I heard that the Everett AquaSox (the M's single A team in the area) are holding auditions for the National Anthem on May 17 at the Everett Mall. They call it "AquaSox Idol". I went right to their web page to find out more informaion.

Participants have to preregister, so as to get a spot to audition. The form was on-line, and I sent in my registration. And just moments ago, I heard back from the good folks in the AquaSox organization. I got my registration in on time - I WILL BE AUDITIONING!

I'm very excited!!!! I'll keep you posted on the whole experience. Now let's hope that I'm not in labor on that day between 1 and 2 pm.

By way of a side note, Doug and I had our first date at an AquaSox game, and are already planning on attending 7 games this summer (they have a nice little promotional ticket plan we are taking advantage of).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, how exciting!

marla said...

When's the audition!? When would you sing?! That's so EXCITING!! If it requires phone in votes, let me know... it would be the first (and probably only) thing I would call in for!!

Anonymous said...

Let us know when you will be singing. It sounds like a great opportunity to visit. We might even look at the baby while we are there.

Anonymous said...

Since when has a little thing like LABOR ever stopped you from anything to do with the Mariners???

Anonymous said...

Jill, assuming you would be singing AFTER the baby is born, I now officially volunteer to hold Baby B while you're out on the field singing The National Anthem.