Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow day!

By the slimmest of margins, I got a snow day today. Not that the pictures would let you know how close it was . . .


All the school districts around me cancelled school. And with very reasonable notice (by 5:30am). But I hadn't heard anything from my school, which is 25 miles south of here.

In looking at the internet, it was clear there was SOME snow down there, but not nearly as much as there was here. So I sucked it up, showered, ate breakfast, got dressed. Dragging my feet while doing so, saying, "I can't believe I have to go to school/ maybe the call will still come . . ."

And then, as I was packing lunch, and a mere 3 minutes from leaving the house, the blessed phone call came. "No school today."

I believe I benefited from the fact that our school draws students from a wide geographic area, and it FINALLY was deemed not safe enough for so many of the students and their families to be driving.

It did leave me with a quandary, however. I was all dressed, awake, and ready to go. Do I stay up and do things around the house? Do I go back to bed (it IS still early, after all)?

The bed won. I read for about a half hour and then fell asleep for another 90 minutes of glorious snow-day sleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo a snow day!! Yippeeeeeeee!! Extra sleep! I hope you got some extra lounging time too, maybe with a good book and a nice cup of tea.
(was Doug so lucky?)

Anonymous said...

You were fortunate to get that snow day. I had to drive to the airport that morning, and though the snow was deep here in the north end, it was practically nothing at SeaTac...

We haven't seeen you for EVER. Hope you and Doug are doing well and that your pregnancy is treating you well!

- Joanne O. said...

Oh, I miss the days of working in a school and getting a snow day. I asked coworkers yesterday what happens at my new job when it snows. They just laughed at me and said. . . you come in. Darn the corporate world.