Saturday, October 6, 2007

No illicit drugs. Really!

I was looking at the itemized receipt from my most recent trip to Fred Meyer for groceries. Among the items being picked up were an assortment of instant mashed potatoes. Easy side dishes!!

I've heard of "BC bud" as slang for marijuana, but had no idea I'd bought some during this trip to the store.

Betty Crocker's Mashed Potatoes rang up as " B C MSH POT"
And the Idahoan Potatoes read: "IDAHOAN POT"

Cracks me up. Truly, I was just buying mashed potatoes, officer. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter buying pot!! And to think how much I worried about you drinking in college (don't fess up now, I'd rather live in my own little world of naive bliss). Hey, do you remember my barrette? I thought it had pretty
leaves. You girls are the ones that had to tell me it was marijuana...one day we had company at the house (can't remember who) and Suzi yelled down the hall "hey Mom, can I borrow your marijuana clip"! Love ya, MOM

Anonymous said...

And besides...why would our "responsible" daughter be buying pot!?

Anonymous said...

Who do you know that lives in Idaho? Convince them to go out to their license plate and color over the "-atoes" in the phrase "Famous Potatoes" along the bottom. Ha ha ha!