Thursday, July 8, 2010

Open pool 2010

Yesterday we inflated the pool, added some water, a small child, and had a lot of fun. Points of interest - I love her swimsuit. It provides SPF 50 (or something), AND covers a lot of her body. Anything to avoid those dreaded sunburns.

As a side note, you might want to check out Environmental Working Group's website, www.ewg.org for their takes on sunscreens. And how some of them actually make your exposure to the sun worse! Based on that, I ditched the first sunscreen I bought this year and got another one.
I think that Kate really appreciated that she had permission to get water anywhere she wanted, unlike the bathtub. In the picture below, she is using the water sprayer that I used to wet the ceilings before scrubbing the popcorn off. Notice how hard she is working to squeeze it!
The best smile she would give me for the camera . . . and she was giving such looks of joy just before and after.







1 comment:

Grandma said...

I would have loved to share some pool time with you today Miss Kate. It was so hot here today and our air conditioner broke down! I hope you had fun playing in the water!!!