Friday, November 13, 2009

Growing vocabulary

On the drive home today, I was thinking about all the words Kate uses, and thought it would be a fun post. At least for me! These are words she says, though not necessarily how she actually pronounces them.

Kitty (first word beyond Mama Dada). Usually when we get home we are greeted by MamaDadaMamaDadKittyMamaDada

Meow
Duck
Quack
Cow
Moo
Moose
Milk
Water
Bear
Baby
Ball

Two (usually refers to her wanting 2 ice cubes in her sippy cup)
Ice
Cup

Peas (meaning all veggies)
Noodles
Yogurt
Apple
Banana
Cracker
Cheese
Berry

Please
Thank you

No-no-no (with emphatic shaking of head - it's very funny)
Yeah-yeah

Baseball
Ichiro (okay - that one is when prompted.)
Touchdown (also prompted)

Teeth
Eyes
Nose
Ear

Potty

Hi
Bye Bye
Love you

Shoes
Socks

That's what I have for now. I'm sure I'll think of more once I sign off and go to bed.

1 comment:

marla said...

WOW! that's a ton! way more than Owen... though he is working on more and more each day!