Thursday, April 23, 2009

KITTY!

Kate is so fond of the kitties. Especially Tinker (pictured below), because Tinker will actually let Kate pet her. We are teaching Kate to "pet nicely", which basically means don't grab handfuls of fur, ear, or tail. The petting is more a kin to spazzy light hitting, but Tinker tolerates it. I think it's because she is an older cat, is VERY patient, and willing to train the wee ones in correct cat etiquette.
This picture almost captures the sound Kate makes when she sees Tinker. It's a unique squeal of happiness, only heard when she is around the cat. Kate also says, "Kee-ee" to the cat. But in all honesty, she'll call the fridge "kee-ee" too.

Finally, I notice in looking at the pictures that Tinker is holding very still, facing the couch pillow. I think she's pouting, just barely tolerating the fact that we let Kate pet her. What Tinker is actually thinking, "Sure, I could get up and move. But I was here first, darn it! I was here first!"




2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love the look on Doug's face in the second picture, too.

marla said...

Doc has the same stubborn pose "MY HOUSE! I'm NOT moving! I was here first!"