Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not This Year

Well, it looks like I won't be singing the National Anthem for the Everett Aquasox this year.

The auditions were at the Everett Mall, center court. Three judges. You needed a score of 24 (so an average of 8 per judge) to be guaranteed a spot. Scores of 18-23 got you on the will-call list. I got a 22.

Here's the story. I was just sitting there, listening to the other people audition. Feeling ready to go. Not worried about forgetting words. Pretty relaxed. But the moment I got on stage, nerves/ adrenaline got the best of me. My voice (well, heck, my whole body) started shaking. Fortunately, I could still hit all the notes, but I sounded noticeably nervous.

Who knew that the nerves would strike on this occasion? I do solo stuff at church all the time. Though I suppose I was quite nervous the first time I did that, too.

There's always next year!

2 comments:

marla said...

If it makes any difference, I just had a dream that you sang the National Anthem before a boxing match between one of our attendings and one of our residents, and you did a SUPERB job!

Anonymous said...

Your last sentence was spoken like to true Mariner fan.